- Comprehensive overview helps provide an understanding of how and why MT techniques work.
- Content is written in jargon-free, easy-to-read style, with most terms explained.
- Text is enhanced by over 120 diagrams, photographs and tables.
- Manual pain relief is extensively discussed throughout the book.
- Section 1 examines the direct effects of manual therapy on connective tissue and muscle physiology, examining how MT can help assist repair and adaptation processes in these tissues.
- Section 2 examines the effect of MT on the neuromuscular system, identifying conditions where neuromuscular dysfunctions can be treated by MT.
- Section 3 examines the psychological, emotional and behavioral impacts of MT, in addition to the psychophysiological affects of MT, including psychomotor, neuroendocrine, and autonomic responses.
- More than 1,000 references relevant to manual therapy are included, making this an essential source book for students and researchers of MT.