- Emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you learn to generate research evidence and to appraise and synthesize existing research for application to clinical practice.
- Emphasis on qualitative research includes phenomenological research, grounded theory research, ethnographic research, exploratory-descriptive research, and historical research.
- Coverage of quantitative, qualitative, and other research methodologies gives you a solid foundation to conduct, appraise, and apply research evidence to the realities of today’s clinical practice.
- Rich examples from the nursing literature bring research principles to life.
- Information on collecting digital data guides you through the use of online research.
- Clear, comprehensive coverage is organized into five units: 1) Introduction to Nursing Research, 2) The Research Process, 3) Putting It All Together for Evidence-Based Health Care, 4) Analyzing Data, Determining Outcomes, and Disseminating Research, and 5) Proposing and Seeking Funding for Research.