- Coverage of concept-based curricula includes strategies on how to approach and implement concept-based lessons.
- Extensive information on online education discusses the use of webinars and other practical guidance for effective online instruction.
- Evidence-based teaching boxes cover issues, such as: how to do evidence-based teaching; applications of evidence-based teaching; implications for faculty development, administration, and the institution; and how to use the open-ended application questions at the end of each chapter for faculty-guided discussion.
- Strategies to promote critical thinking and active learning are incorporated throughout the text, highlighting various evaluation techniques, lesson planning insights, and tips for developing examinations.
- Updated research and references address forward-thinking approaches to education and trends for the future.
- Guidance on teaching in diverse settings addresses topics such as the models of clinical teaching, teaching in interdisciplinary settings, how to evaluate students in the clinical setting, and how to adapt teaching for community-based practice.
- Strong focus on practical content - including extensive coverage of curriculum development - equips future educators to handle the daily challenges and opportunities of teaching.