- The only nursing resource to cover teaching, curriculum, and evaluation of students -- the three essential components of nursing education.
- Contributing authors are nationally recognized scholars in their fields of expertise.
- Models of teaching are used to demonstrate clinical teaching, teaching in interdisciplinary setting, how to evaluate students in the clinical setting, and how to adapt teaching for community-based practice.
- Teaching strategies promote critical thinking and active learning, including evaluation techniques, lesson planning, and constructing examinations.
- Evidence-based teaching boxes explain how to practice and apply evidence-based teaching, with implications for faculty development, administration, and the institution.
- End-of-chapter summaries let you draw conclusions based on the chapter content.
- Open-ended application questions at the end of each chapter are ideal for faculty-guided discussion and online education.
- Up-to-date research looks ahead to the needs of the future.