- The complete physical management and day-to-day care is described in a practical and applicable way.
- Best practices are presented in relation to caring for a person with profound impairment and residual disability.
- Holistic and detailed long-term physical management strategies are described, related to the more severe and complex neurological conditions.
- Real-life examples help readers understand the applications of theory in practice.
- Case studies strengthen readers' critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Social considerations and the importance of therapeutic leisure activities are included.