- Evidence-based approach offers the most accurate and timely patient care recommendations based on the latest and most authoritative research, meta-analyses, and systematic reviews available.
- Patient Safety Priorities boxes in each therapeutic management chapter highlight important patient safety considerations.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Diagnosis Priorities boxes list the most urgent potential nursing diagnoses, with a page reference to the corresponding Nursing Management Plan.
- Nursing Management Plans provide you with a complete care plan for every Priority Diagnosis that includes the diagnosis, definition, defining characteristics, outcome criteria, nursing interventions, and rationales.
- Evidence-Based Collaborative Practice boxes summarize evidence-based recommendations for a variety of therapies.
- Collaborative Management boxes guide you through the management of a wide variety of disorders.
- Patient Education boxes list the concepts that must be taught to the patient and the family before discharge from the ICU.
- Concept maps help you understand common critical health conditions, including acute coronary syndrome, acute renal failure, ischemic stroke, and shock.