- Uses the quiet-to-active approach to the examination of infants and young children, starting with listening and moving on to touching, the pediatric assessment approach that yields the best results in this age group.
- More than 300 photos and line drawings facilitate learning and familiarize you with common assessment findings.
- Information Gathering tables highlight questions and data needed from the patient/guardian, with questions conveniently separated by age group, to help you take an accurate history.
- Charting examples show you how to record physical examination findings in the health record and acquaint you with documentation language and format.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight effective physical examination findings and techniques gleaned from actual practice.
- Coverage of assessment of the preterm infant equips you with practical tools for assessing this unique pediatric population.
- Full-color format facilitates readability and learning.
- An easy-access two-column format provides quick access to concise information.
- Spiral binding lets you lay the book flat or fold it back for easy visualization and quick reference in the clinical setting.