- Concise and readable approach includes the information you need without being overwhelming, even if you have a limited scientific background.
- Unique Think About questions alert you to important points and help with self-evaluation, test preparation, and review.
- Warning Signs boxes help you identify the pre-emptive signs of physiologic events such as strokes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes give step-by-step instructions to follow for emergencies such as shock, cardiac arrest, and pneumothorax.
- Apply Your Knowledge questions ask you to use what you’ve learned to predict What can go wrong with this structure or system?
- Ready References in the appendix provide a quick lookup for anatomic terms, conversion tables, abbreviations and acronyms, diagnostic studies and tests, and more.
- Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and defined within the text, covering the scientific terminology you need to know.
- Research boxes discuss new developments, problem areas of pathophysiology, and complications associated with research.
- Learning objectives and bulleted chapter summaries help you focus on key concepts and information.