- Details the techniques and pitfalls of each surgical approach including:
- optimal patient positioning
- clear previews of anatomic landmarks and incisions
- potential dangers of superficial and deep dissection
- techniques of closure
- Provides over 1,000 original full color drawings and color photographs depicting the full range of contemporary surgical approaches used in orthopaedics.
- Organized by anatomical region (including a review of regional anatomy, cross-sectional anatomy, landmarks and hazards), and then by procedure, making reference a snap.
- Supplies an up-to-date anatomic review of surgical approaches including new advances in arthroscopy, mini-open, robotic, and computer-assisted techniques.
- Includes a bonus DVD containing more than 80 video clips of surgical approaches to help you master the fine technical details of each surgery.