- Includes more than 40,000 terms.
- Entries are either main entries or subentries. Subentries are compound terms that are based on the main entry, (i.e. myocardial is a main entry; myocardial infarction would be a subentry).
- Windows boxes throughout feature distinguished leaders in the health sciences who expand on the entries.
- Pronunciation guides enhance verbal communication skills.
- Tables provide at-a-glance information on a variety of subjects such as insurance-related terms, abbreviations used in health care reform, and many other topics.
- The vocabulary of the Unified Nursing Language System (UNLS), including NANDA, NIC, NOC, and the Omaha system provides a quick reference for standardized nursing languages.
- 14 Appendices present important info in a concise, easy-to-use format.