- Simple, clear, non-technical explanations demystify medical terminology even if you've had little or no background in medicine or science.
- Self-teaching text/workbook approach reinforces learning every step of the way with labeling diagrams, pronunciation tests, and review sheets throughout the book.
- Full-color images illustrate anatomical and pathological terms.
- UNIQUE Picture Show activities, practical case studies, and vignettes demonstrate real-life applications of medical terms.
- Spotlight feature identifies and clarifies potentially confusing terminology.
- Audio pronunciations and definitions help you pronounce terms correctly and commit their definitions to memory.
- Labeled illustrations in the Spanish glossary present Spanish terms used in the healthcare setting.
- A companion Evolve website includes word games, learning exercises, audio pronunciations, animations, an anatomy coloring book, electronic flash cards, and more.