- Design-led approach motivates and engages students in the study of materials science and engineering through real-life case studies and illustrative applications
- Highly visual full color graphics facilitate understanding of materials concepts and properties
- Chapters on materials selection and design are integrated with chapters on materials fundamentals, enabling students to see how specific fundamentals can be important to the design process
- For instructors, a solutions manual, lecture slides, online image bank and materials selection charts for use in class handouts or lecture presentations are available at http://textbooks.elsevier.com
- Links with the Cambridge Engineering Selector (CES EduPack), the powerful materials selection software. See www.grantadesign.com for information
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
- Text and figures have been revised and updated throughout
- The number of worked examples has been increased by 50%
- The number of standard end-of-chapter exercises in the text has been doubled
- Coverage of materials and the environment has been updated with a new section on Sustainability and Sustainable Technology
This is the essential materials engineering text and resource for students developing skills and understanding of materials properties and selection for engineering applications. Taking a unique design-led approach that is broader in scope than other texts, Materials 3e meets the curriculum needs of a wide variety of courses in the materials and design field, including introduction to materials science and engineering, engineering materials, materials selection and processing, and materials in design. This new edition retains its design-led focus and strong emphasis on visual communication while expanding its inclusion of the underlying science of materials to fully meet the needs of instructors teaching an introductory course in materials.
Undergraduate materials, mechanical, chemical, civil & aeronautical engineering students taking courses in materials science & engineering, materials processing and engineering design.