- The book starts with a general overview section on history taking and the general examination that provides the framework on which to hang the detail.
- The systematic examination section documents clearly the relevant history, examination and special investigations as well as giving advice on their significance.
- The third section covers examination in specific situations and emphasises an integrated and structured approach to these patients.
- A final section spells out how to demonstrate the techniques learned in the book in an OSCE.
- Macleod’s is closely linked to its sister publication, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, which complements the information in this text.
- Available with full online access on Student Consult and ancillary videos demonstrating key clinical examination routines following the format laid out in the book.