- Straightforward, easy-to-digest drug monographs focus on essential information including drug names (both generic and trade), need-to-know drug information, and typical drug dosages.
- Math review refreshes your knowledge of basic math and provides practice in drug dosage calculation.
- Considerations boxes highlight the unique safety issues of drug therapy in children, pregnant and nursing women, and older adults.
- Clinical Implications in each chapter relate drug content to safe and effective drug administration and patient teaching.
- Herb Alert boxes highlight herb-drug interactions and contraindications for the safety of patients relying on complementary and alternative therapies.
- Critical Thinking Questions in most chapters let you apply concepts to realistic clinical situations and issues.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter help you assess your mastery of the material, with answers in the back of the book.
- UNIQUE! Drug Therapy in Women chapter addresses the special considerations of drug therapy in women.
- UNIQUE! Molecular and Targeted Therapies chapter covers emerging drugs that are aimed at specific tissues, genes, and target organs.