- Concise, yet comprehensive, content is presented within the scope of practice for the LVN/LPN, but with sufficient depth to facilitate students in a ladder program allowing them to be successful with the ADN program requirements for the specialties.
- Step-by-step procedure lists throughout the text help you master important maternity and pediatric nursing processes with Skills Performance Checklists available on the Evolve website.
- Nursing Care Plans with Critical Thinking Questions reinforce the nursing process and strengthen problem-solving skills as applied to maternity nursing.
- Logical organization of content from simple-to-complex and health-to-illness makes locating and accessing information easy.
- Key terms with phonetic pronunciations and text page references help improve terminology and language skills of English-as-a-Second-Language (ESL) students and students with limited proficiency in English, before they enter clinical practice.
- Health Promotion boxes emphasize the importance of family-centered care, health promotion and illness prevention, women’s health issues, and growth and development of child and parent to help you understand and teach wellness and disease prevention to patients in your care.
- Nutrition content highlights the importance of proper nutrition for women before, during, and after pregnancy (for those who are breastfeeding), as well as critical information about the nutrition needs and problems of newborns, infants, and children.
- Nursing Tips throughout provide pertinent information applicable in the clinical setting that reinforces what you have just learned while building on previously learned information.