- Extensive coverage of growth and development throughout the lifespan emphasizes the unique problems and health promotion needs of each age and stage of development.
- Separate chapters on each population - group, individual, family, and community - stress the unique issues faced when providing care to each group.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes emphasize current research efforts and opportunities in health promotion.
- Hot Topics and Innovative Practice boxes engage students’ interest by introducing significant issues, trends, and creative programs and projects in health promotion practice.
- Diversity Awareness boxes address various cultural perspectives and provide important information that needs to be considered in planning care.
- Case studies and care plans present realistic situations that challenge students to reflect upon important health promotion concepts.
- Think About It boxes dig deeper into the chapter topic and encourage critical thinking.
- Numerous pedagogical features such as objectives, key terms, and textual summaries highlight the most important concepts and terms in each chapter.