New to this edition:
* 30% new material including new chapters on Dendritic Development and Spine Morphogenesis, Chemical Senses, Cerebellum, Eye Movements, Circadian Timing, Sleep and Dreaming, and Consciousness
* Companion website with figures, web links to additional material, and test questions
* Additional text boxes describing key experiments, disorders, methods, and concepts
* Multiple model system coverage beyond rats, mice, and monkeys
* Extensively expanded index for easier referencing
Fundamental Neuroscience, 3rd Edition introduces graduate and upper-level undergraduate students to the full range of contemporary neuroscience. Addressing instructor and student feedback on the previous edition, all of the chapters are rewritten to make this book more concise and student-friendly than ever before. Each chapter is once again heavily illustrated and provides clinical boxes describing experiments, disorders, and methodological approaches and concepts. A companion web site contains test questions, and an imagebank of the figures for ready use in presentations, slides, and handouts.
Capturing the promise and excitement of this fast-moving field, Fundamental Neuroscience, 3rd Edition is the text that students will be able to reference throughout their neuroscience careers!
Graduate students in neuroscience, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, and neurobiology. The secondary market for this book is researchers in neuroscience primarily, but also in the related fields of psychology, cell biology, molecular biology, genetics and any other areas of science with cross over into neuroscience research.