- Relevant to all branches of nursing settings: infants, children, adults, pregnant women, older people and people with a learning disability or mental health problems
- Themes relevant to all stages and fields of nursing practice include safety, infection prevention and control, managing stress, communication, managing wounds and pressure ulcers, and dealing with loss
- Scenarios develop the skills of evidence-based practice, critical thinking, reflection and health promotion, and encourage further learning
- The areas of psychology, sociology, physiology and pathology are clearly related to nursing practice
- Key principles of health promotion, the law and ethics, the human lifespan and development are explained in earlier chapters, then applied in later chapters
- Cultural diversity information helps with understanding the needs of people from different backgrounds
- Person-centred approach encourages problem solving and application to practice
- Evidence-based practice is explicit throughout, and best-practice guidelines underpin exploration/explanation of nursing care.
- Easy-reference Glossary at the back of the book.