- Scanning protocols for the four major clinical specialty exams detail what constitutes a complete sonographic examination.
- Thorough, step-by-step presentation of patient care in a sonography setting teaches you how to perform basic medical techniques and interact with patients.
- Sonographer Safety Issues chapter explains how to scan with proper scanning technique and posture to avoid repetitive-motion musculoskeletal injuries.
- Note boxes add information on applying concepts to the clinical setting.
- HIPAA information provides the knowledge you need to comply with federal law.
- Objectives and key terms introduce each chapter's important content.
- Chapter summaries simplify study and review by recapping the most important points.
- Glossary of Spanish phrases covers common instructions for better communication with Spanish-speaking patients.