- UNIQUE! Egan's trusted reputation as the preeminent fundamental respiratory care textbook delivers comprehensive coverage while keeping you up to date with this ever-changing profession.
- UNIQUE! Expert authorship from the leading figures in respiratory care ensures critical content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
- UNIQUE! Mini Clinis give you an opportunity to apply text content to actual patient care through short, critical-thinking vignettes.
- UNIQUE! Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
- Excerpts of all 49 published Clinical Practice Guidelines provide you with important information regarding indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, and assessment of outcome and monitoring.
- Therapist Driven Protocols (TDPs) used by RTs in hospitals to assess patients, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes, are incorporated throughout the text to demonstrate the value of following an established protocol.
- Learning Objectives highlight key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter in a bulleted section and parallel the three areas tested on the NBRC exam: recall, analysis, and application.