- Features new chapters dealing with genetic influences on development and behavior, crisis management, coping strategies, self-esteem, self-control, and inborn errors of metabolism to cover the considerable advances and latest developments in the field.
- Focuses on the clinical aspects of function and dysfunction, rather than arranging subjects according to categorical labels.
- Emphasizes children’s assets as well as their liability so you get a well-developed approach to therapeutic management.
- Concludes each chapter with a summary of the principle points covered, with tables, pictures and diagrams to clarify and enhance the presentation.
- Offers a highly practical focus, emphasizing evaluation, counseling, medical treatment, and follow-up.
- Features superb photos and figures that illustrate a wide variety of concepts.