- A clear, straightforward approach and inviting reading style make it easier to comprehend the difficult subject of anatomy & physiology.
- World-class art program includes more than 1,400 full-color photos and illustrations to enhance and simplify explanations of difficult concepts.
- Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections unify themes and help students comprehend the interrelation of body systems and how the structure and function of these change in relation to age and development.
- Dozens of unique full-color micrographs of cellular structure enhance student learning.
- A variety of specialty boxes and tables explain the practical applications of the principles of A&P, such as the Health Matters box on "anesthetics" which explains how anesthetics produce their effects.
- Current topics (e.g., anthrax, smallpox, human genome project) are addressed in feature boxes.
· Case studies challenge students with "real-life" clinical situations.
- Health Matters and other boxes and tables explain the practical applications of the principles of A&P.
- Chapter Outlines open each chapter, giving students a short overview of subject content.
- Quick Check questions and detailed chapter summaries help students review the material.
- Content review questions help students determine how well they have mastered important concepts.
- Critical thinking questions actively engage students and challenge their reasoning skills.
- Color-coded tabs along the side of each page differentiate the six units at a glance.